For ages untold, the city of Dazar’alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan’s life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden city and sever the Zandalari’s bond to the Horde.
So far in the story, the Alliance has taken major hits, first losing the World Tree Teldrassil and then by having the Horde escape in the last minute at Lordaeron. The Battle of Dazar’alor is the Alliance’s attack on the Horde capital on Zandalar.
The Alliance draw out the Horde with a fake attack in Nazmir, leaving Dazar’alor unattended for an attack. They’ve already familiarized themselves with the city due to sneaking in through portals cloaked with Void and using Mekkatorque’s inventions to map out coordinates.
The Alliance will start with a naval invasion at the docks of Dazar’alor, the moving up towards the pyramid, breaking through areas never explored before inside it, culminating with a fight against Rastakhan, for a total of 6 different bosses. The Alliance can then experience the Horde’s three final bosses through a flashback story.
Meanwhile, the Horde will start preventing an invasion at the northern jungle of Zuldazar, moving south as they push the Alliance back from the High Seat, ending it at Dazar’alor’s docks, where they will fight a council of the Alliance High Command, including Jaina, for a total of 6 boss encounters. The Horde can relive the Alliance defeating Rastakhan through a flashback story in the middle of the raid. – Wowhead
There are nine encounters total in Battle of Dazar’alor. Some encounters have minor flavor tweaks for each faction, such as the King Grong and Grong the Revenant encounters. Other encounters are clearly meant to be experienced by one faction, and the other faction gets to experience it through flashback storytelling.
The order of the bosses are the same except for the 2nd and 3rd.
– To the untrained eye, Ma’ra Grimfang and Anathos Firecaller may seem like a mismatched pair. The truth, however, is that their coordination is second to none. Their combined assault is powerful enough to level the most formidable foes.
Grong, the Jungle Lord
– After volunteering to become a living super weapon, the once-intelligent Grong devolved into a giant rampaging behemoth. But though his mind may have deteriorated, Grong’s strength is more immense than it has ever been.
Conclave of the Chosen
– Deep within Dazar’alor lies a chamber built to honor six of Zandalar’s greatest loa, guarded by their most devout followers. Trespassers who dare enter this sacred hall are soon met with primal fury like none they have ever seen.
Champion of the Light
– As vanguard for the Alliance’s assault on Dazar’alor, Frida Ironbellows leads her troops with fervor and conviction. Her battle prowess and unwavering faith in the Light make her a force to be reckoned with.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
– Unrivaled in their ingenuity, Gelbin Mekkatorque’s inventions have been instrumental to the Alliance’s attack on Dazar’alor. His state-of-the-art armor is outfitted with the latest–and deadliest–ordnance that gnomish engineering can offer.
– For over two hundred years, King Rastakhan has ruled the Zandalari empire. Since the fall of Rezan, he has turned to a new patron–Bwonsamdi, the loa of death. The dark bargain he has made grants him the power to crush his enemies… but at what cost?
– Brother Joseph and Sister Katherine are devout worshippers of the waves. These proud Kul Tirans would gladly risk their lives to ensure the safety of their compatriots. Their command over sea and storm is awesome to behold, as are the ancient and powerful rituals they practice.
Grong, the Revenant
– Once willing to sacrifice everything to serve the Alliance, the mighty Grong has been raised from the dead and pitted against his former friends. Fighting on behalf of the Horde would be anathema to this noble soul, whose only hope for release is a clean death.
– Though they began training together only recently, Manceroy and Mestrah have perfected their teamwork and now present a united front. With both fire and fists, they stand ready to strike down any who challenge the Alliance.
– Long ago, King Dazar had his golden treasury enchanted so that it would rise against anyone except its rightful owner. Many an unsuspecting thief has been slain by the very riches they coveted, serving as an important lesson to those who would steal from the throne.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
– As the Alliance fleet withdraws from Daza’alor, Lady Jaina Proudmoore stays behind with a handful of Kul Tiran vessels to slow the Horde’s pursuit. Storm clouds gather overhead as Jaina leads her pursuers deeper into the Great Sea, where she will attempt to turn the odds in her favor.
Champion of the Light
– Ra’wani and her troops are the first line of defense against the Alliance, sworn to lay down their lives for their city. Standing together, they empower and heal each other while fending off the incoming invaders.